- 24 crappie fillets (about 6 pounds)
- 4 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 cups milk
- Vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Tartar sauce or catsup
- Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water; pat dry, and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, and pepper in a heavy paper bag. Place 6 fish at a time in bag; shake until lightly coated. Dip in milk to moisten; return fish to bag to lightly coat. Fry in deep hot oil (375°) until fish float to the top and are golden brown; drain. Repeat procedure until all fish are fried.
- Place fish on a warm serving platter. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired. Serve with tartar sauce or catsup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This