- 24 crappie fillets (about 6 pounds)
- 4 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 cups milk
- Vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Tartar sauce or catsup
- Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water; pat dry, and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, and pepper in a heavy paper bag. Place 6 fish at a time in bag; shake until lightly coated. Dip in milk to moisten; return fish to bag to lightly coat. Fry in deep hot oil (375°) until fish float to the top and are golden brown; drain. Repeat procedure until all fish are fried.
- Place fish on a warm serving platter. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired. Serve with tartar sauce or catsup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note