Fried Country Ham With Red-Eye Gravy
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 (1/4-inch-thick) slices country ham (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon bacon drippings
- 1 cup water
- Slice ham in half crosswise. Set aside
- Heat bacon drippings in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Place half of ham slices in skillet, and cook over medium heat until browned, turning occasionally. Drain well on paper towels. Place ham slices on a large serving platter; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining ham.
- Reserve pan drippings in skillet. Add water to drippings in skillet. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Serve red-eye gravy with fried country ham.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes