Turned out well, and didn't require oven to cook, which during Thanksgiving is helpful. Guests liked it. Not as good as corn casserole though.
Fried Confetti Corn
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 8 bacon slices
- 6 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Coarsely crumble bacon.
- 2. Saute corn and next 3 ingredients in hot drippings in skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until tender. Add cream cheese and half-and-half, stirring until cream cheese melts. Stir in sugar and next 2 ingredients. Transfer to a serving dish, and top with bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables