Fried Chicken with Raspberry Honey
Community Recipe from
- 12 piece(s) (about 4 pounds) assorted chicken pieces, breasts cut
- 3/4 cup(s) low fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 cup(s) hot pepper sauce
- 1 container(s) raspberries
- 1/2 cup(s) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) oil for frying
- Place 2 (1-gallon) resealable bags in 2 medium bowls. Divide chicken evenly between bags. In large bowl, whisk buttermilk, sugar, garlic powder, 3 cups cold water, 1/4 cup hot sauce, and 3 tablespoons salt until salt dissolves. Pour over chicken in bags. Press out air and seal. Refrigerate bowls of chicken at least 3 hours or up to 7 hours. (If using only wings, refrigerate at least 1 hour.)
- Meanwhile, in blender, purée raspberries with 1/4 cup water; strain through fine-mesh sieve set over medium bowl, pushing mixture through with rubber spatula. Into raspberry mixture, whisk honey, smoked paprika, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining 3 tablespoons hot sauce. Set aside.
- To deep, heavy 12-inch skillet, add enough oil to reach 3/4 inches up side. Heat on medium-high until oil reaches 325 degrees F on deep-fry thermometer. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place flour in 2-quart baking dish.
- In batches, transfer chicken from brine to flour, tossing to coat. Tap off excess flour; carefully place in hot oil, making sure not to crowd skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium. Fry chicken 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through (165 degrees F), turning over halfway through. Repeat with remaining chicken, adjusting heat to maintain 325 degrees F. If pieces brown before they are cooked, transfer to rack fitted into 18 inches by 12 inches jelly-roll pan; bake 5 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with raspberry honey.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Drag0nWing and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fried Chicken with Raspberry Honey Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes