This is a good, solid recipe. It was quick and easy to make and the raita was very tasty and a nice change from usual side dishes. I liked the creamy texture of the yogurt. I'd serve it as a weekend lunch or weeknight dinner.
"Fried" Chicken with Cucumber and Fennel Raita
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 213
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 358mg
- Calcium: 140mg
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup (1/2-inch) diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup (1/2-inch) diced fennel bulb
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon salt; lightly coat both sides of chicken breast halves with cooking spray. Dredge in Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with yogurt mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note