I modified this recipe into Fish Tacos. I fried four tilapia filets in a small amount of oil in a skillet til done. I substituted fresh, bagged broccoli slaw (unseasoned) for the radishes. And made the sauce according to the recipe. It was fabulous! My husband plans to use the remaining sauce as a dip for tortilla chips.
Fried Chicken Tacos with Buttermilk-Jalapeño Sauce
Use this creamy sauce to dress up store-bought fried chicken or as a salad dressing or dip for wings. Adjust the heat by adding more or less jalapeño. We like to double up on the tortillas, taco-truck style, for any of these tacos.
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 1 cup refrigerated light Ranch dressing
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, stemmed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (about 1 1/2 cups loosely packed)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 fried chicken breast tenders
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- Sliced radishes
- Process Ranch dressing, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice in a blender or food processor 2 to 3 seconds or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Place 1 fried chicken breast tender in each warmed corn tortilla. Serve with dressing and sliced radishes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note