Very good.......this recipie also worked well with deboned chicken thighs cut into strips.
Fried Chicken Bites
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Allison R. Banks
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons to 1 Tbsp. ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 bread slices, toasted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Peanut oil
- Blue cheese dressing or honey mustard dressing
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; reserve half of spice mixture. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken in a medium bowl, and toss with remaining spice mixture until coated. Stir in buttermilk; cover and chill 24 hours.
- 2. Tear bread into pieces, and place in a food processor with reserved spice mixture. Process until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in flour. Remove chicken pieces from buttermilk, discarding buttermilk. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture.
- 3. Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°. Fry chicken, in batches, 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Sprinkle with salt to taste. Serve warm or cold with blue cheese dressing or honey mustard.
Total time does not include 1 day marinating time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes