Flavors are wonderful, served with salmon and tossed salad
Fried Cauliflower with Tahini and Pomegranate Seeds
Cilantro gives this a bright, zippy taste and lovely color; the leaves are especially festive when strewn with pomegranate arils over the cauliflower. Serve with hot sauce and cut lemons, if you wish.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 244mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 large head)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Add 6 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is the consistency of a creamy salad dressing. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt; pulse to combine.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add cauliflower; cook 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Place cauliflower on a jelly-roll pan lined with foil. Roast cauliflower at 375° for 18 minutes or until tender, turning once. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add pomegranate arils; toss to combine. Serve with tahini mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note