Fried Catfish Sandwiches
- 4 (3/4-pound) dressed catfish, butterflied
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- Vegetable oil
- 4 sandwich rolls
- Leaf lettuce
- Tartar sauce
- Catsup (optional)
- Rinse fish thoroughly in cold water; pat dry. Sprinkle each fish with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place seasoned fish in a covered dish; chill overnight.
- Combine eggs and milk; mix well. Dip seasoned fish in egg mixture; coat with cornmeal. Fry in deep hot oil (375°) until golden brown. Drain well on paper towels.
- Arrange lettuce on bottom half of each roll; top with fish and tartar sauce. Cover with remaining roll half. Catsup may be added, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note