Fried Calamari with Roasted Garlic and Lime Aïoli
Start with a package of frozen calamari, fry in peanut oil, and serve with a flavorful garlic and lime mayonnaise mixture for an impressive appetizer.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 (2.5-pound) package frozen, cleaned calamari (tubes and tentacles), thawed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Peanut oil
- Roasted Garlic and Lime Aïoli
- Cut calamari tubes into 1/4-inch-thick rings; pat dry with paper towels. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge rings and tentacles, in batches, in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 365°. Fry calamari, in batches, 2 minutes or until golden; drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Roasted Garlic and Lime Aïoli.
- Note: You can use frozen and sliced squid packaged without tentacles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers