Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (2.5 pound) package cleaned calamari (tubes and tentacles), rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Cut calamari tubes into 1/4-inch-thick rings. Soak calamari in cold water 30 minutes; drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients. Dredge calamari in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 6 inches into a Dutch oven. Heat to 400°. Fry calamari, in batches, 1 minute, allowing oil to reach 400° before cooking next batch. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers