FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON AND ONION
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 lb bacon, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 lbs cabbage, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Fry bacon until crisp and well browned.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add chopped onion to the bacon grease and stir until translucent.
- Add cabbage, pepper flakes, salt and pepper, stirring until all cabbage is coated.
- Add the crumbled bacon bits and cover.
- Cook over low heat until cabbage is tender
- * I usually add 2 or 3 pinches of sugar while this is cooking, just helps bring out the flavor even more.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
FRIED CABBAGE WITH BACON AND ONION Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables