Recipe is delicious. Simple and easy - also fast - go ahead try it
Quick Fried Brown Rice with Shrimp and Snap Peas
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 418
- Fat: 19.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 229mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 587mg
- Calcium: 82mg
- 1 1/2 (8.8-ounce) pouches precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 10 ounce medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, diagonally sliced
- 1/3 cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1. Heat rice according to package directions.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, sambal oelek, and honey in a large bowl. Combine 1 teaspoon peanut oil and shrimp in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp to pan, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add shrimp to soy sauce mixture; toss to coat shrimp. Add 1 teaspoon peanut oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add eggs to pan; cook 45 seconds or until set. Remove eggs from pan; cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 3. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add rice; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add rice to shrimp mixture. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sugar snap peas, peanuts, salt, and garlic to pan; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until peanuts begin to brown. Add shrimp mixture and egg to pan, and cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note