1. Heat the oil in a 4-quart pot of a wok until a deep-fat thermometer registers 360 degrees.
2. Put the beer in a wide bowl and stir in the salt. Put the flour in another wide bowl.
3. Cut each quarter of avocado into 3 long wedges and dunk the wedges first in the beer, then turn them gently in the flour to coat.
4. Transfer about 6 avocado slices at a time to the oil, and fry until a light-golden crust forms, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Fry more avocado slices in the same manner until all slices have been fried.
5. Make tacos with three slices of avocado, warm tortillas, cilantro and lime-chipotle mayonnaise.
Go to full version of