Fried Apple Pies
- 2 (6-ounce) packages dried apple slices
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-Inch Pastries
- Vegetable oil
- Place dried apple slices with water to cover in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Add sugar, and simmer an additional 30 minutes. Drain apples well, and mash. Stir cinnamon into mixture.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 4-inch circles or squares.
- Place 1 tablespoon apple mixture in center of each pastry circle. Moisten edges of pastry; fold in half, making sure edges are even. Press pastry edges firmly together using a fork dipped in flour.
- Heat 1 inch of oil to 375° in a large skillet. Cook pies until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain well on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note