Fried Apple Pies
- 2 (6-ounce) packages dried apple slices
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-Inch Pastries
- Vegetable oil
- Place dried apple slices with water to cover in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Add sugar, and simmer an additional 30 minutes. Drain apples well, and mash. Stir cinnamon into mixture.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 4-inch circles or squares.
- Place 1 tablespoon apple mixture in center of each pastry circle. Moisten edges of pastry; fold in half, making sure edges are even. Press pastry edges firmly together using a fork dipped in flour.
- Heat 1 inch of oil to 375° in a large skillet. Cook pies until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain well on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries