Fried Apple Pies
- 1 (8-ounce) package dried apples
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-Inch Pie Pastries
- Vegetable oil
- Soak apples overnight in water to cover; drain, and rinse well. Combine apples and 1 cup water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Cool. Stir in butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice; mash well.
- Divide pastry into thirds; roll each portion to 1/8-inch thickness on waxed paper. Cut into 4-inch circles.
- Place about 1 tablespoon apple mixture on half of each pastry circle. Dip fingers in water, and moisten edges of circles; fold in half, making sure edges are even. Press pastry edges firmly together using a fork dipped in flour.
- Heat 1 inch of oil to 375° in a large skillet. Cook pies until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain well on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note