Fried Apple Pies
- 1 (8-ounce) package dried apples
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-Inch Pie Pastries
- Vegetable oil
- Soak apples overnight in water to cover; drain, and rinse well. Combine apples and 1 cup water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Cool. Stir in butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice; mash well.
- Divide pastry into thirds; roll each portion to 1/8-inch thickness on waxed paper. Cut into 4-inch circles.
- Place about 1 tablespoon apple mixture on half of each pastry circle. Dip fingers in water, and moisten edges of circles; fold in half, making sure edges are even. Press pastry edges firmly together using a fork dipped in flour.
- Heat 1 inch of oil to 375° in a large skillet. Cook pies until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain well on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This