wonderful taste, easy to make, and was able to use my fresh herbs. used on fresh zucchini and steamed potatoes, skewered and grilled.
Fresh Zaatar Rub
Here's an easy, savory-tart rub that's great as a seasoning for Grilled Meatball, Halloumi, and Baby Squash Skewers or to use with grilled chicken breasts, lamb chops, steak, or veggies (just brush them first with oil, then coat with the rub).
This recipe goes with Grilled Meatball, Halloumi, and Baby Squash Skewers
More From Sunset
- Calories: 9.6
- Calories from fat: 72%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 0.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 96mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac*
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- *Find sumac, an edible, tart dried berry, in the spice aisle or at worldspice.com
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note