Fresh Walnut-Beet Salad
This creamy and colorful salad has a nice crunch and a tangy-sweet flavor. It's beautiful served on lettuce or spinach leaves with any entrée, especially pork, fish, or brisket instead of coleslaw.
Peel Cooked/Cooled Beets: 10 Minutes
Chill Salad: 2 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) fresh beets boiled until tender-firm and chilled overnight
- 1 cup(s) dannon plain yogurt drain off any standing liquid
- 1/2 cup(s) walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup(s) splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) raspberry chipoltle sauce or raspberry jam and dash of cayenne
- Mash beets with pastry cutter or fork to chunky consistency. Add all other ingredients to taste. Mix and refrigerate until well-chilled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by GrammieDuckie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Walnut-Beet Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads