Fresh Vegetable and Tortelloni Pasta Salad
With tortelloni, asparagus, and baby spinach, this pasta salad is great for a picnic or a light weekday lunch. Serve it with Tomato and Basil Soup or with fresh fruit, such as watermelon or strawberries.
Prep: 1 minute; Cook: 12 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 407
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Carbohydrate: 44.6g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 750mg
- Calcium: 368mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh rainbow five-cheese tortelloni (such as Monterey Pasta Company)
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Prepare tortelloni according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and asparagus; rinse with cold water.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add spinach, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- 3. Combine pasta mixture and spinach mixture in a large bowl. Add lemon juice; toss gently to coat. Top servings evenly with cheese and nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note