- 2 cups snapped fresh green beans
- 2 cups shelled fresh lima beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 12 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, cleaned
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 small yellow squash, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 medium-size green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, scraped and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Combine green beans, lima beans, and water in a medium saucepan; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and chill.
Combine bean mixture, lettuce, onions, radishes, cucumbers, squash, green peppers, carrot, and cauliflower in a large mixing bowl. Toss gently; cover and chill thoroughly.
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside, reserving 1/4 cup drippings.
Combine reserved drippings, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl, mixing well. Cover and chill thoroughly.
To serve, pour vinegar mixture over vegetable mixture, tossing to coat well. Sprinkle with reserved bacon.