Not enough mozzarella to form a nice cheesy crust on top of lasagna. Should have at least 16 oz on hand, if not 24 (if you're planning to make all 4 layers). Would be better to sprinkle mozzarella, parmesan, and ricotta separately in between the layers. Mixing them together just resulted in runny partitions between layers. Recipe should specify that you'll need 12 noodles total if you follow the instructions and make 4 layers. Tastes great, just missing/underestimating amount of ingredients needed.
Fresh Vegetable Lasagna
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Other: 3 Hours, 14 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 282
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 19.9g
- Carbohydrate: 28.8g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 837mg
- Calcium: 456mg
- 4 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-size yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 5 cups Basic Marinara Sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Bake zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic in a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray 12 to 14 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring halfway through. Repeat procedure with bell peppers and onion. Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Toss together vegetables and salt in a bowl.
- 2. Stir together ricotta, egg, 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Spread 1 cup Basic Marinara Sauce in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 3 noodles, 1 cup sauce, one-third of ricotta mixture, and one-third of vegetable mixture; repeat layers twice, beginning with 3 noodles. Top with remaining noodles and 1 cup sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Note: We tested with Ronzoni Oven Ready Lasagna.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note