We love this recipe and have been making it for a few years now. I always get fresh tuna and I double the rub to make sure there is enough to coat the fish. The ingredients seem simple but they all go so well together. The pickled jalapeno is the key to their awesome flavor so if you don't like spicy, don't bother. I use ff yogurt instead of sour cream as well. We use soft corn tortillas which we only seem to find at trader joes, they have these corn/flour tortillas that work very well.
Fresh Tuna Tacos
This is a great dish for a casual supper; let everyone assemble their own tacos.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 filled tacos and 1 lime wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 331
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 32.3g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 408mg
- Calcium: 138mg
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chile powder or chile powder
- 1 pound Yellowfin tuna fillet (about 3/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup sliced peeled avocado (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 24 pickled jalapeño slices
- 8 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 lime wedges
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over both sides of tuna.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tuna; cook 2 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or until desired degree of doneness. Cut tuna into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide tuna evenly among tortillas; top each with 2 tablespoons avocado, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro, and 3 jalapeño slices. Top each with 1 teaspoon sour cream. Serve tacos with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes