Fresh Tomato Slices With Basil Mayonnaise
More From Southern Living
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1. Process lemon juice, egg substitute, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. With processor running, pour vegetable oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream; process until smooth and thickened. Spoon over sliced tomatoes.
- Kitchen Express: Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, 2 tsp. coarse-grained mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve mayonnaise mixture over tomatoes. Cover and chill up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables