Fresh Tomato Sauce
Keep a pint of this sauce in your freezer for a quick fix with pasta. It's also great with grilled poultry or steak, as a pizza topping, or spooned over polenta or eggs. From Cooking Light September 1994
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) onion finely chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 5 1/2 cup(s) seeded, chopped tomato about 3 pounds
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add tomato and remaining ingredients; stir well, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until reduced to 4 cups, stirring occasionally. Serve over pasta. Yeild: 4 cups (serving size: 1/2 cup)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JerriSelf and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note