My husband absolutely loves this salsa. It's quick and easy and is very tasty!!
Fresh Tomato Salsa
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 - 3 whole(s) medium fresh tomatoes stems removed, finely diced
- 1/2 whole(s) red onion finely diced
- 1 whole(s) jalapeno chili pepper stems, ribs, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 whole(s) serano chili pepper stems, ribs, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 whole(s) juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 1 dash(es) salt/pepper to taste
- Start with chopping up 2 medium sized fresh tomatoes. Prepare the chilies. Be very careful while handling these hot peppers. If you can, avoid touching them with your hands. Use a fork to cut up the chilies over a small plate, or use a paper towel to protect your hands. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water after handling and avoid touching your eyes for several hours. Set aside some of the seeds from the peppers. If the salsa isn't hot enough, you can add a few for heat.
- 2 Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Taste. If the chilies make the salsa too hot, add some more chopped tomato. If not hot enough, carefully add a few of the seeds from the chilies, or add some ground cumin.
- Let sit for an hour for the flavors to combine.
- Makes approximately 3-4 cups.
- Serve with chips, tortillas, tacos, burritos, tostadas or quesadillas
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mpossible and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Dips/Spreads