- 4 cups basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 3 cups chopped seeded tomato (about 2 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- calories 242
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- fat 9 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 11 g
- carbohydrate 29.1 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- cholesterol 10 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 458 mg
- calcium 307 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 475°.
To prepare pesto, place 4 cups basil leaves and 2 garlic cloves in a food processor, and pulse 5 times or until coarsely chopped. With processor on, add broth, Parmesan, and oil through food chute; process until well-blended.
To prepare pizza, place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread pesto over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with the tomato, garlic slices, and provolone. Bake at 475° for 12 minutes or until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil. Cut the pizza into 8 wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.