Fresh Tomato Penne With Oregano
We prefer the flavor of fresh oregano instead of dried for this recipe.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-oz.) package penne pasta
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (2-oz.) package pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- 2. Cook prosciutto in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 8 minutes or until crisp. Add tomatoes and next 7 ingredients; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Toss with warm cooked pasta. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes