- 1 (16-oz.) package penne pasta
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (2-oz.) package pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
Cook prosciutto in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 8 minutes or until crisp. Add tomatoes and next 7 ingredients; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Toss with warm cooked pasta. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.