I made this tonight it was quick and very tasty. I loved the flavor, my husband missed " the meat " so next time I will add grilled chicken or shrimp. I will definately make this again. I love quick simple and tasty.
Fresh Tomato-Mushroom-Basil Pasta
Use a sturdy pasta such as bow tie or rotini for this fresh tomato-mushroom-basil pasta dish.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-oz.) package bow tie pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups seeded and chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- 3. Stir in whipping cream, cream cheese, and basil. Cook, stirring constantly, until cream cheese melts and sauce is smooth. Serve over cooked pasta; sprinkle with Romano cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note