This is very good and I appreciated the 3 layer review. If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, their canned marinara sauce works as a quick substitute for the tomato sauce. I just added fresh basil,onion and garlic.
Fresh Tomato Lasagna
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 17.9g
- Carbohydrate: 29.2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 575mg
- Calcium: 381mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 cups chopped peeled tomato (about 4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- 8 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat oil in a small Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion and garlic. Cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in 2/3 cup basil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat ricotta in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot; stir in mozzarella, stirring until melted. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread 2 cups tomato mixture in bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange half the noodles over tomato mixture; top with ricotta mixture. Arrange remaining noodles over ricotta mixture; top with remaining 2 cups tomato mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon basil. Let stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes