Fresh Tomato Bloody Marys
The ingredients for Andreas Viestad's fiery Bloody Mary all come from his garden. Like a classic Bloody Mary made with tomato juice, it's a delicious brunch cocktail—with or without vodka. For savory flavor, add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce to each drink.
- 2 small celery ribs, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 medium green heirloom tomato, such as a Green Zebra minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds chilled red tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chilled vodka
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 small red chile, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 medium celery ribs and 4 thin green chiles, optional for serving
- Prepare the Garnish: In a bowl, toss the celery with the onion, tomato, lemon zest and juice and season with salt. Refrigerate while you make the drinks.
- Make the Bloody Mary: In a blender, puree the tomatoes, vodka, ice, tomato paste, chile and celery salt; pour into glasses. Spoon the garnish on top, add a celery rib and chile to each glass and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note