I wanted to "test-drive" this recipe for just the two of us before making for company. I used a 7.5 oz roll of biscuits, but had to press two together to get 4" biscuits (resulted in 5 "double" biscuits). Halved the remaining ingredients. My husband loved them and ate all but one! I agree that they were very good, and make something a little bit special out of ordinary canned biscuits.
Fresh Tomato Biscuits
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Set aside.
- Press each biscuit into a 4-inch circle. Place biscuit circles on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 6 minutes. Spread each biscuit evenly with about 2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture. Top evenly with tomato slices. Bake at 400° for 6 more minutes or until mayonnaise mixture is bubbly. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Golden Layers Buttermilk Biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note