looooooooooooooove it! best pasta receipt ever!!!!!!!!! sharing with everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Fresh Tomato and Basil Pasta
When the temperature climbs, dinner cravings often tend toward light and simple. Make a pasta dish that's packed with the freshest of ingredients, including mozzarella, garlic, basil, and, of course, tomatoes. A little olive oil adds a punch of flavor that rounds out the simple sauce.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 589
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sodium: 523mg
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- About 1 tbsp. plus 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, halved, seeded, and chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-in. pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup basil leaves, slivered
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tbsp. salt and the penne; cook pasta until just tender to the bite. While pasta is cooking, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic, and basil in a large bowl. Add olive oil and remaining salt to tomato mixture.
- 2. Drain pasta, add to tomato mixture, and toss. Add salt to taste. Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold (as a pasta salad).
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note