- About 1 tbsp. plus 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, halved, seeded, and chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-in. pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup basil leaves, slivered
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- calories 589
- caloriesfromfat 46 %
- protein 19 g
- fat 30 g
- satfat 8.9 g
- carbohydrate 63 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- sodium 523 mg
- cholesterol 33 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tbsp. salt and the penne; cook pasta until just tender to the bite. While pasta is cooking, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic, and basil in a large bowl. Add olive oil and remaining salt to tomato mixture.
Drain pasta, add to tomato mixture, and toss. Add salt to taste. Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold (as a pasta salad).
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.