This was good, but I would cut the pepper by half and decrease the cooking time on the tomatoes.
Fresh Tomato-and-Asparagus Gnocchi
Photo: Jennifer Davick
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 (16-oz.) package gnocchi
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Fill a 3-qt. saucepan three-fourths full with salted water. Bring to a boil; add asparagus and gnocchi, and cook 2 to 4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Sauté onion in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until tender; add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in basil, salt, pepper, and asparagus mixture. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This