Fresh Tomato and Basil Risotto with Mozzarella
- 4 can(s) (10 1/2 oz) Low Salt Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup(s) Diced Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Diced Plum Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup(s) Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup(s) Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon(s) Grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked Arborio Rice
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well and set aside.
- Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 3 minutes. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add warm broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes total). Add tomato mixture; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in mozzarella cheese and pepper. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Trishia64 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note