Fresh Tomatillo Salsa
Tomatillos are small green fruits with a tangy, citrusy flavor. Wash them to remove the slightly sticky coating before using. Some tomatillo salsas are cooked, but this raw version preserves the tart flavor, which brightens up foods from grilled chicken to fish tacos.
More From Coastal Living
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Cut tomatillos into halves or quarters. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor; blend until finely chopped. Adjust seasoning, if necessary. Cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This