This was so good! So easy to make and healthy too. Served with vanilla ice cream instead.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
Bring the sweet flavors of summer to the table with this delicious fresh strawberry pie.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge and 1 tablespoon whipped topping)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 52.2g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 146mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 50 reduced-calorie vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups ripe strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups small ripe strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed and divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare crust, place wafers in a food processor, and process until finely ground. Add butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, and orange rind, and pulse 10 times or just until wafers are moist. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, mash 2 cups strawberries with a potato masher. Combine mashed strawberries and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press the strawberry mixture through a sieve into a bowl, and reserve 1 cup strawberry liquid (add enough water to measure 1 cup, if necessary). Discard pulp.
- Combine 2/3 cup sugar and cornstarch in a pan; add strawberry liquid, stirring well with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
- Arrange a layer of small strawberries, stem sides down, in the crust. Spoon about one-third of sauce over the strawberries. Arrange the remaining strawberries on top, and spoon the remaining sauce over the strawberries. Chill for at least 3 hours. Serve with whipped topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This