this was an awesome cake !!! people buzzed through this in record time!!! used best of the egg for the whites. made a cream cheese frosting and drizzled some of the leftover strawberry juice over the top, for a cool look. didn't have sliced berries or almonds. this recipe could make some interesting cakes with different jellos and fruit selections.
Fresh Strawberry Cake
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 216
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 35.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 218mg
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Calcium: 65mg
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen reduced-calorie strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix (such as Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced natural almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain thawed strawberries well; discard juice. Pulse in a food processor until pureed; set aside.
- Combine cake mix and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at low speed 30 seconds. Add pureed strawberries; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts; pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 28 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Arrange sliced strawberries on whipped topping, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle almonds over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This