So yummy! Perfect strawberry flavor! The only thing I had trouble with was the whipped topping. I needed way more than the recipe called for. So I used more!
Fresh Strawberry Cake
With cool, creamy whipped topping and sweet fresh strawberries, this moist strawberry cake is a summertime treat.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 216
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 35.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 218mg
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Calcium: 65mg
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen reduced-calorie strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix (such as Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced natural almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain thawed strawberries well; discard juice. Pulse in a food processor until pureed; set aside.
- Combine cake mix and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at low speed 30 seconds. Add pureed strawberries; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts; pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 28 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Arrange sliced strawberries on whipped topping, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle almonds over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note