- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen reduced-calorie strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix (such as Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced natural almonds, toasted
- calories 216
- fat 6.9 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- protein 2.8 g
- carbohydrate 35.4 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 218 mg
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fiber 1.1 g
- calcium 65 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Drain thawed strawberries well; discard juice. Pulse in a food processor until pureed; set aside.
Combine cake mix and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at low speed 30 seconds. Add pureed strawberries; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts; pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 28 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Arrange sliced strawberries on whipped topping, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle almonds over cake.