Fresh Salsa Chicken
Make this salsa ahead of time; its flavor develops as it chills.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 cup salsa)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 26.9g
- Carbohydrate: 4.0g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 352mg
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Calcium: 24mg
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Broil 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve tomato mixture over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note