They were outstanding! I probably added a bit more cilantro than they called for and I used regular mayo... they were wonderful :)
Fresh Salmon-Cilantro Burgers
Skip the beef and serve a Mexican-inspired salmon burger topped with a fresh lime-cilantro mayonnaise sauce. Cook the salmon patties in a skillet to enjoy this hearty burger year-round. A spinach salad with a sweet, slightly spicy Asian-influenced dressing makes a tasty accompaniment.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 341
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Protein: 31.6g
- Carbohydrate: 30.9g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 816mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeÃ±o pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns with sesame seeds, toasted
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices English cucumber
- 4 leaf lettuce leaves
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- 2. Place salmon in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add breadcrumbs and next 6 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon black pepper); pulse 4 times or until well blended. Divide salmon mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 2 minutes. Carefully turn patties over; cook 2 minutes or until done.
- 4. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over bottom half of each hamburger bun. Top each serving with 1 salmon patty, 3 cucumber slices, 1 lettuce leaf, and top half of bun.
- Spinach salad: Combine 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons canola oil, 2 teaspoons water, and 1/4 teaspoon chile paste in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add half of 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach, 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper strips, and 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion to bowl; toss to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches