Fresh Raspberry Tart with Vanilla Creme Fraiche from The Wall St. Journal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) currant jelly
- 2 tablespoon(s) framboise liqueur (or water)
- 3 1/2 cup(s) fresh raspberries
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 stick(s) cold unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoon(s) ice water
- 1. Make vanilla creme fraiche: Add creme fraiche, vanilla and sugar to a small bowl & stir to combine.
- 2. Make currant glaze: Warm curant jelly in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Add framboise (or water) to jelly in a slow stream, stirring to combine, until consistency is like heavy cream.
- 3. Make sweet pie crust: Mix flour & 2 cups sugar together in a food processor. Add butter & pulse until pea-size clumps form. With food processor off, pour 3 1/2 tablespoons water evenly over top. Pulse until no dry patches remain, taking care not to allow dough to form a ball. Grab a handful of dough and squeeze. If dough will not cohere, add remaining water to dough in food processor and pulse to incorporate. Remove dough from food processor and form a ball with your hands. Flatten dough into a disc on parchment paper. Place a second piece of parchment on top and use a rolling pin to roll out dough until circle is about 13" in diameter. Press dough into a 10" fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. To form a thick & sturdy edge, fold excess dough inward & press against sides of tart pan. For a more delicate edge, trim away excess dough. Refrigerate unbaked crust at least 1 hour or as long as 48 hours. Once dough has rested, preheat oven to 400 degrees, and position a rack in the lower third of the oven. Cover pie crust with a sheet of aluminum foil, gently pressing down over sides and bottom of crust to prevent over-browning. Fill foil-covered crust with dried beans or rice and bake 20 minutes. Remove crust from oven. Discard foil & beans and prick crust several times with a fork. Return crust to oven and bake until golden, 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 4. Use a pastry brush to cover bottom of crust with currant glaze. Starting in center of crust, arrange raspberries in a spiral, continuing until crust is covered.
- 5. Use a pastry brush to glaze raspberry tops. Repeat with a second coat of glaze. Serve immediately, passing around a bowl of vanilla creme fraiche for topping. Tart is best if served within 3 hours. Do not refrigerate.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Raspberry Tart with Vanilla Creme Fraiche from The Wall St. Journal Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts