This recipe is super easy and delicious. I felt better eating this sausage rather than the store bought brands. I cooked enough for breakfast and froze the rest for later
Fresh Pork Sausage Patties
This homemade sausage is best when made in advance, giving it more time to develop flavor. The patties can also be cooked in advance and refrigerated or frozen. Simply reheat them in the microwave when ready to serve.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 4 Hours
- 6 bacon slices, frozen and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- Process first 8 ingredients in a food processor until finely minced. Add ground pork; process until mixture begins to form a ball. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Shape sausage into 20 (3 x 1/4") patties. Cook in several batches in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 160°. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Turkey Sausage Patties: You can make this recipe using 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (white and dark meat). Follow above procedure, except blend ground turkey with seasonings by hand instead of using a processor. This will keep the turkey from becoming too finely ground.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note