Fresh Pomegranate Chutney
Photo: James Carrier
Notes: Remove pomegranate seeds up to 1 day ahead; chill seeds airtight.
Yield: Makes about 1 1/4 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 26
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 6.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 3.4mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions, including tops
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (from a 1-lb. pomegranate; see notes)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeño chili
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Put currant jelly in a 2-cup glass measure. Heat in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until softened, about 20 seconds.
- 2. Stir in green onions, pomegranate seeds, ginger, chili, coriander, and lemon juice; add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand about 15 minutes before serving.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments