Made this for a party yesterday and it was a big hit. I did cut back on the olive oil - only used 1/2 cup. Otherwise wouldn't change a thing.
Fresh Pesto Pasta Salad
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package small shell pasta
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (3-ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Garnishes: gourmet mixed baby salad greens; grape tomatoes; small, yellow pear-shaped tomatoes
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Whisk together vinegar and next 5 ingredients. Gradually whisk in olive oil.
- Add vinaigrette to pasta. Add basil, cheese, and pine nuts; toss to combine. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads