Loved this combination of ingredients. In my hastiness to prepare this, I skipped over the instructions to cook the ingredients. So I combined everything and let it sit. It was delicious this way and the ginger was so unexpected in a salsa. I increased the amount of cilantro by a tablespoon or two. Once combining all the ingredients, I divided them into two bowls. I added another jalapeno (unseeded) into the one bowl. You can read our full review at One Couple's Kitchen.
Fresh Peach Salsa
More From Southern Living
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large firm peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in peaches and remaining ingredients, and cook, stirring gently, 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments