Loved this combination of ingredients. In my hastiness to prepare this, I skipped over the instructions to cook the ingredients. So I combined everything and let it sit. It was delicious this way and the ginger was so unexpected in a salsa. I increased the amount of cilantro by a tablespoon or two. Once combining all the ingredients, I divided them into two bowls. I added another jalapeno (unseeded) into the one bowl. You can read our full review at One Couple's Kitchen.
Fresh Peach Salsa
This versatile salsa is equally delicious made with fresh nectarines. You'll need a 4- to 5-inch-long piece of ginger (about 1 inch thick) to get 2 Tbsp. of grated ginger.
More From Southern Living
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large firm peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in peaches and remaining ingredients, and cook, stirring gently, 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note