Fresh Peach Muffins with Pecan Crumb Topping
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) finely chopped fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 3 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon(s) cold butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400* and lightly grease 24 muffin cups.
- Place the peaches in a bowl with the 1/2 cup sugar, mix and allow to stand for 1 hour.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and 1 cup of sugar until smooth and pale in color, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the 4 cups of flour, baking powder and salt.
- Remove the bowl of creamed ingredients from the mixer and fold in the flour mixture alternately with the milk being careful not to over mix as it will toughen the muffins. Fold in the peaches.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining half cup flour with the brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Cut the cold butter into small pieces and using your hands, mix it into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle this topping evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown. (18 minutes works perfectly for me)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Randi's Recipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fresh Peach Muffins with Pecan Crumb Topping Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads