Fresh Pea Soup with Mint
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Robyn Valarik
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 404
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 9.6g
- Sodium: 1077mg
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 qt. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups shelled fresh peas
- 3/4 cup packed mint leaves, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and 1 tsp. salt and cook until tender and translucent, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat, then add peas and cook just until tender, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, set aside 1/4 cup tiny mint leaves. Whirl remaining 1/2 cup mint, the oil, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt in a food processor until mint is very finely chopped.
- 3. Purée soup in a blender, working in batches, until very smooth, about 3 minutes per batch.
- 4. Ladle soup into bowls, drizzle with mint oil, and sprinkle with almonds and reserved mint leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note