Fresh Pasta and Zucchini with Ricotta Salata
Fresh pasta cooks in less than half the time as dried pasta. Look for unflavored varieties or the spinach version in the deli section of your market. Ricotta salata is a variation of ricotta cheese that is salted, pressed, and dried. It can be sliced or grated. If it's unavailable, try feta cheese but be sure to decrease the added salt.
More From Coastal Living
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 ounces ricotta salata, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine or linguine
- 1/4 cup toasted nuts, such as pine nuts, sunflower seeds, or pistachios
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut zucchini into thin strips with a vegetable peeler; set aside. Combine mint and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions, adding zucchini during last minute of cooking time. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 4. Stir in mint mixture, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This